Windows 8 is fast than all previous versions of windows. But there are many tweaks we can do to make it even faster and better.
Here are some tips on how to make your Windows 8 Faster and Better
[vc_row][vc_separator color=”sky” style=”dashed” el_width=”70″][/vc_row]
Disable Unnecessary Startup Programs :
Many programs you install on your device make entries in startup list to automatically start with windows. Most of those startup programs are unnecessary and can be removed easily.
Follow this simple steps to disable unnecessary programs from startup :
Right click on Task bar and select Task Manager to open it. You can open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys together. Click More details if you get a small window.
Now go to Startup tab and right-click and disable unwanted programs to remove it from startup.
Disabled programs won’t run on windows startup anymore.
Disable Animations :
Windows 8 display animations when you open, close, minimize, maximize application windows. This animations are no doubt very good on the eyes, But they slow down your PC. You can disable the animations and window transitions will be faster.
To disable the animations, Press Windows+X to see the following menu at bottom left corner.
In System window, Select Advanced System Settings from left panel. Now, In System Properties window, select Settings button for Performance.
Now, It’ll open a new window. Uncheck following items :
- Animate controls and elements inside windows
- Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing
- Animations in the taskbar
- Fade or slide menus into view
- Fade or slide ToolTips into view
- Fade out menu items after clicking
- Save taskbar thumbnail previews
- Show shadows under mouse pointer
- Show shadows under windows
- Show translucent selection rectangle
- Slide open combo boxes
- Smooth-scroll list boxes
Apply the changes and close the window.
Change Folder Options to Disable Unnecessary Features :
You can disable some of the Windows Explorer features like tooltips,etc to improve Explorer functionality.
Open My Computer and click on View tab in the Ribbon. Click on Option button at the end to open Folder options window.
Go to View tab and uncheck following options :
- Display file size information in folder tips
- Hide empty drives in the Computer folder
- Hide extensions for known file types
- Show encrypted or compressed NTFS files in color
- Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items
Apply changes and close the window.
Some more tips to make your Windows 8 Faster
- Always keep your Windows 8 updated with Windows updates
- Instead of installing any other antivirus programs, Use Windows 8 built-in Antivirus.
- Use latest drivers for your computer hardware
- Don’t install unnecessary software
After following all the steps, You should notice a big improvement in your system performance. If you have any more tweaks/suggestions or questions, Post them on the comments below.